Tuesday, November 4, 2008

CBS Projects Obama the Winner

CBS just projected Barack Obama the winner of the 2008 presidential race, and I can still hear the screams of the crowd from my TV in the next room.

I feel oddly calm and detached. My attitude toward the next four years? I remain unconvinced that electing the candidate with the thinnest resume to ever run for the office of the presidency is a wise decision by the American electorate. But we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'll hope for the best.

Good night, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. "oddly calm and detached" -- me too (as well as sad). I've been run out of the party. Let those who voted for him deal with him. I just want to see how long it takes for the enchantment to wear off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi G,

    Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feelings. Sounds as if we have a lot in common in the aftermath of the 2008 election. Please do keep in touch. I'm planning to do more in-depth, original writing to post in the future at Katalusis and would appreciate your thoughts.

    Best,

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete