Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Quagmire of Misogyny: The MSM, the Netroots, and MoveOn.Org

The Wall Street Journal has an opinion piece today by Dorothy Rabinowitz titled News Flash: The Media Back Obama. Here’s a news flash for Rabinowitz: the media has backed Obama since the early days of the Democratic primary when it began its relentless assault on Hillary Clinton. Princeton historian Sean Wilentz remarked months ago that the media chooses our presidents and clearly, if Obama wins, as is very likely at this point, we will have the media primarily to thank.

We also need to know that the liberal media – liberal that is in every way except for its rampant sexism and ageism – has been ably served in its obeisance to Obama by his thousands of youthful, white male supporters collectively known as the netroots who are frightening in their overwhelming viciousness toward any woman in a position of authority – they even compulsively trash Katie Couric.

And then there’s Moveon.Org, led by – you guessed it – a 27-year-old white male Obamaphile and described thusly in a Washington Post article today: “Although it's not a formal arm of the Democratic Party -- and the group doesn't rule out endorsing and financing third-party candidates -- MoveOn has become synonymous with the party's left wing.”

As I’ve said before, the left wing of the Democratic Party elite and their media allies in both the MSM and the blogosphere are driven by a pathological hatred of women, technically known as misogyny. And mark this: in its progressive disguise, the left is even more deadly than the extreme right.

To read more of WaPo’s article on MoveOn.Org, go here.

4 comments:

  1. Virginia, are you saying that because i support obama i am a pawn of the "liberal media", and that i am a misogynist, and hate my wife?

    Tell me then, why did my wife support obama from the beginning?

    and further, i might note -- from the beginning -- my wife had a particular disgust of hillary -- not prompted by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ray,

    Having never met you or your wife, I’ve no idea why she is apparently unable to respectfully disagree with Hillary Clinton on the issues and must resort to using emotionally charged words such as “disgust.” I will add, though, that both women and men can suffer from the pathological problem of misogyny.

    My firsthand experience with your attitude toward women has been that you usually adopt a condescending tone in your communications with me, which would suggest a touch of sexism or misogyny.

    In the final analysis only you and your wife can answer the questions you posed in your comment. I certainly can’t answer them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia, what i hear you saying is that if i express doubts about the credibilty of your claims, i am both condescending and sexist! Wow! out west here we call that conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ray,

    What you hear me saying is a misinterpretation of the facts. I’ve questioned your condescending tone, which is evident in this most recent comment. I appreciate it when people disagree with something I’ve written or said by sticking to the issue and clearly stating his or her objections. For example, “I disagree the media has been in the tank for Obama all along, and here’s why…”

    It isn’t necessary to ask me if I’m on another planet, etc.

    One of my biggest frustrations during this presidential campaign has been that so many left-wing Democrats and their media allies appear to be oblivious to the sexism, misogyny, and disrespect in their communications with others.

    And by the way, I lived in California for a few years and have acquaintances in Oregon and other western states – none of whom would define respectful conversation in your terms.

    ReplyDelete