Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hillary won big!


Photo courtesy of CNN.
I knew the vibrant Hillary Clnton won after watching the debate online last night and shutting down my laptop before checking out the responses from the media.

I scanned online news sources this morning and sure enough, even Frank Bruni, op ed columnist at the NY Times agrees with me. In a column titled "Hillary Clinton's Democratic Debate Magic," Bruni writes:


I never doubted that Hillary Clinton had many talents.


I just didn’t know that seamstress was among them.


There were moments in the first Democratic presidential debate on Tuesday night when she threaded the needle as delicately and perfectly as a politician could.


The debate’s moderator, Anderson Cooper, noted that she’d told some audiences that she was a progressive but extolled her moderation in front of others. Wasn’t she just a chameleon, flashing whatever colors suited her at a given moment?


“I’m a progressive, but I’m a progressive who likes to get things done,” she said strongly but not stridently. “I know how to find common ground and I know how to stand my ground.” It was a practiced line — so practiced that she used it, somewhat awkwardly, a second time an hour later. But it was also a well-crafted line.
 
Like her main rival onstage, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, she had complaints about our country. Unlike Sanders, she communicated an unshakable pride in it nonetheless.



See More:

No comments:

Post a Comment