Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hillary Clinton’s Letter to NBC News President Capus


Photo credits: Wenn
Here’s an update to the firestorm ignited by David Shuster’s derogatory comments regarding Chelsea Clinton’s campaigning for her mother, Sen. Hillary Clinton: Sen. Clinton sent the following letter to NBC News President Steve Capus this morning.

Dear Mr. Capus,

Thank you for your call yesterday. I wanted to send you this note to convey the depth of my feeling about David Shuster's comments.

I know that I am a public figure and that my daughter is playing a public role in my campaign. I am accustomed to criticism, certainly from MSNBC. I know that it goes with the territory.

However, I became Chelsea's mother long before I ran for any office and I will always be a mom first and a public official second.

Nothing justifies the kind of debasing language that David Shuster used and no temporary suspension or half hearted apology is sufficient.

I would urge you to look at the pattern of behavior on your network that seems to repeatedly lead to this sort of degrading language.

There's a lot at stake for our country in this election. Surely, you can do your jobs as journalists and commentators and still keep the discourse civil and appropriate.

Sincerely,
Hillary Rodham Clinton

1 comment:

  1. I do like both Obama and Clinton and intended to vote for one of them. With all free media promotion Obama is getting, I am not sure he deserves all that. Obama got many free rides and it's time for us to hear how he is going to accomplish what he has been promising to do for the country. I do not want to hear the media and Obama followers bashing senator Clinton. I am very worry that people are so preoccupied with change and forget the fact that you need a strong, experience leader to lead change and at this point, I have not learned or heard enough from Obama to give him my vote. If the media is keeping this up, we all loose and I hope people start raising their voices so we can learn more about the candidates and judge them for who they really are. This country deserves the best president and all of us need to know much much more about the candidates and their past experiences , their voting records, their leadership skills and what they really believe in. I do not like empty promises just like we heard in the past. Overexposure of Obama turned people like me off.
    Thebestonewins

    ReplyDelete