Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hillary Clinton’s Responses to Obama’s Attacks


Photo credits: Associated Press

An Associated Press article in today’s Boston Globe quotes Sen. Hillary Clinton describing her efforts to focus on public policy issues despite being forced to respond to Barrack Obama’s attacks.

"I try not to attack first, but I have to defend myself -- I do have to counterpunch," Clinton told NBC's "Today Show.

"I took a lot of incoming fire for many, many months and I was happy to absorb it because obviously, you know, I felt that was part of my responsibility. But toward the end of a campaign you have to set the record straight.”

The AP article summarizes recent developments between the Clinton and Obama campaigns:

“Clinton, Obama and their campaigns have exchanged increasingly hard-hitting jabs in recent days over race, his relationship with a Chicago developer, her vote on the Iraq war, and other issues. Clinton stopped airing a South Carolina radio ad critical of Obama on Thursday and Obama took down his radio response in an attempt to cool the angry public spat.”

Read more:

No comments:

Post a Comment