Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Katalusis readers


Dear Katalusis Readers,

It’s a sunny Thanksgiving morning here in St. Paul, and the last traces of this Saturday’s two-inch snowfall have melted away. The turkey is stuffed and roasting in the oven in anticipation of family dinner guests.

I’m thankful for all the usual blessings this morning of good health, family and friends, a pleasant home, and the freedoms I enjoy as an American. I’m also thankful for my work as a freelance writer; a memoirist; a blogger and most certainly Katalusis readers; other writing opportunities; and my faithful writers group that continues to encourage me to do my best work.

And I’m especially grateful this time around for my mindfulness meditation group and my practice that helps me stay centered and in touch with the present moment instead of spending too much time moping about the past or worrying about the future.

On this occasion as we pause to acknowledge our blessings, I’m reminded of the ancient Buddhist loving kindness meditation:

May we be filled with loving kindness,
May we be well,
May we be peaceful and at ease,
May we be happy.

Happy thanksgiving,

Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment