Monday, January 27, 2014

Celebrating the present moment in subzero temps!

My apartment building's courtyard in mid-winter.
 The extreme weather this winter is conducive to counting my blessings.  First on the list are my son and his wife who live nearby and a supportive network of friends and neighbors!

In the meantime, I woke up this morning here in the Midwest to 15 degrees below with a windchill of 38 degrees below. Thankfully my home is warm and cozy, and my kitchen is well stocked with food and yes, a good supply of coffee.

I have a fascinating novel on hand and access online to beautiful classical and meditation music. I've already meditated and worked out this morning, and my apartment building offers long carpeted hallways that serve as an indoor track for walking several times per day. Phone and email are available as needed.

The present moment is rich and full even as I grieve for those not as fortunate as I and pray that our Congress will demonstrate compassion for the unemployed and all those who are struggling to survive this January in arguably the wealthiest country in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment