Monday, September 1, 2008

The Obama Machine’s Unscrupulous Attacks on Sarah Palin

At a news conference today, Barack Obama responded to questions pertaining to the announcement of 17-year-old Bristol Palin’s pregnancy. Bonnie Kapp at Fox News reports:

‘“I have heard some of the news on this and so let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics,’ the Democrat said forcefully. ‘It has no relevance to Governor Palin’s performance as governor, or her potential performance as a VP. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,’ he continued.

‘“The candidate who himself was born to a teenage mom, reminded reporters, ‘You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and you know teenage children, that shouldn’t be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that’s off limits.’

‘“When asked about an ‘unnamed McCain advisor’ accusing the Obama campaign of spreading despicable rumors surrounding Bristol Palin online, Obama interrupted the reporter mid-question. ‘I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us,’ he said directly. ‘Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I ever thought that it was somebody in my campaign that was involved in something like that - they’d be fired,’ he added.

“With that, Obama boarded his airport-bound bus to head to Milwaukee for a rally.”

As I’ve noted many times before, Barack Obama claims he's a new kind of politician and that his campaign is above the usual mudslinging tactics. At the same time, he has consistently failed to take any responsibility for the behavior of his left-wing netroots supporters that I call – with good reason - his online shock troops. As Naomi Klein points out, the Daily Kos, the Huffington Post, and the like are all integral parts of the Obama machine.

Obama’s netroots supporters display no moral scruples whatsoever in their attempts to destroy anyone they perceive as their idol's adversary (click here to see what I mean). They did their utmost to destroy Hillary Clinton and ever since Sarah Palin was introduced, they’ve gone all out to take her down, including spreading the malicious rumor questioning the four-month-old Trig Palin’s parentage.

But here’s the deal: Barack Obama has posted on the Huffington Post. He’s well aware that he has long been the candidate of choice on this far left Web site. With the Obama campaign’s Internet savvy, he’s got to know what the blogs are saying. On several occasions, including his acceptance speech, Obama has called out the Republicans for running a dirty campaign. Never once have I ever witnessed the One lecturing his own supporters for resorting to hate-mongering tactics that arguably exceed anything right-wing extremists are capable of producing.

It’s time for Barack Obama to step forward and rebuke his online shock troops for their barbaric behavior. Until then, Obama’s claim to transcend the old politics will ring completely false.

No comments:

Post a Comment