2016 election

I, Virginia Bergman, pledge not to vote for a male presidential candidate in 2016 just because he's male.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

In the category of “Duh!”


My mindfulness practice encourages me to think about what I’m doing even when it’s a simple household task. And it happens now and then that I open my eyes and see something that’s definitely in the “duh!” category.

Such was the case some time ago when I was using my oven. After reaching across the stove to retrieve my hot pads several times, I suddenly realized that since I’m right-handed, they should be on the right side of the stove. Duh!

It happened again this morning. I often have several bouquets of cut flowers in my apartment. I freshen them up daily by snipping off the bottoms of the stems, so they can continue to draw up water. Usually, I retrieve one bouquet at a time, carry it to the sink, snip off the stems, and then return it to its place. Suddenly, I realized how much more efficient it would be to take my scissors and a small dish around to each bouquet, snip the stems, and then empty the dish into the trash. Duh!

Hey, it worked!


No comments:

Post a Comment