Sunday, June 29, 2014

Grimes vs. McConnell: Go, Ms. Grimes!


As the granddaughter of Daniel Boone Green and Queen Elizabeth Green and the daughter of two feisty Kentucky born and raised parents who passed on to me the liberal principles of the Democratic Party, I may live in Minnesota, but I still care very much about the outcome of this race in the land of my ancestors: Go, Alison Lundergren Grimes!






Virginia,

We have a chance to change Washington – and that change starts with replacing Mitch McConnell with a fresh, new, dynamic woman who will fight for America's families. That's why I'm in Kentucky right now, campaigning with Alison Lundergan Grimes.
For me, this is personal. Just a couple weeks ago, Mitch McConnell blocked a bill I had introduced to let people refinance their student loans. This was just one way to help millions of people getting crushed by the burden of student loan debt, and once again Mitch McConnell's answer was no.

In fact, he led the charge to stop the bill in its tracks. Why? Because he didn't want to close tax loopholes for millionaires and billionaires to pay for it.

After 30 years of gridlock and obstruction, Mitch McConnell doesn't get it. The job of a U.S. Senator isn't to fight for wealthy corporations and billionaires, it's to stand up for people who work hard, play by the rules, and just want a fair shot to succeed.

McConnell might not get it, but Alison sure does. That's why I'm asking you to stand with me in support of her campaign today.

Chip in what you can afford now and help Alison reach her critical fundraising goal. With just one day left until the deadline, every dollar makes a difference.

I made the trip to Kentucky because I know Alison has what it takes to take on Mitch McConnell. She's tough, she's smart, and she's built an army of grassroots supporters to help her in the long fight ahead.

Alison and I don't agree on every issue, but we do agree that a U.S. Senator should invest in our future and put the needs of students and working families ahead of the wishes of billionaires and giant corporations.

Help Alison and me hold Mitch McConnell accountable. Make a donation to Alison's campaign and help her reach her goal.

Thank you for being a part of this,

Elizabeth



 Donate 



Facebook
Twitter
All content © 2013 Elizabeth for MA, All Rights Reserved
PO Box 290568
Boston, MA 02129
Paid for by Elizabeth for MA
Print all
Print all

No comments:

Post a Comment