Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Saying good-by to Elizabeth Edwards

Many of us first became acquainted with  Elizabeth Edwards in 2004 when Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry selected her husband John as his running mate. Over time, we would learn of the death of John and Elizabeth's son, her bout with cancer, and finally John's infidelity.

Considering all of the above, Elizabeth's announcement on her Facebook page cannot help but touch our hearts:

 “I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces -- my family, my friends and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered.  We know that.” 
 Elizabeth died yesterday on Pearl Harbor Day. May her suffering be over and may her children and loved ones find faith, strength, and courage in her example.

No comments:

Post a Comment