Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Obama Sweeps North Carolina; Clinton Takes Indiana

We didn’t know the final results until after midnight, and it was a squeaker, but with 99% of the votes in, CNN finally projected Hillary Clinton the winner of Indiana by two percentage points. The holdup was the tally from Lake County, which is near Chicago. As the mayor of Hammond noted, he is only about 15 minutes from Obama’s house, and Hillary Clinton more or less campaigned in his backyard and won.

Obama was projected the winner of North Carolina shortly after the polls closed and when the votes were counted, he won by 14 percentage points.

1 comment:

  1. I'm on my way to early vote in WV and I am voting for my candidate Hillary Clinton. After that I am changing to Independent. I feel the Democratic party does not care about me as a voter and has lost touch with the middle class. I feel Hillary Clinton has not been treated fairly by some media and some Democrats. Thank you for your blog. I enjoy reading it everyday.

    ReplyDelete