Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Projected to Win Big, Hillary's Lead Grows

It's about 9 p.m. Central, and Hillary is leading Obama in WV by 35 percentage points. She began her victory speech with words from the song, Country Roads, "almost heaven...," and the crowd roared.

The CNN team has been saying this is the first time they can remember that a candidate the pundits have declared toast has come back with such a tremendous victory.

Here's the note Hillary just emailed to her supporters:

Dear Virginia,

After tonight's tremendous victory here in West Virginia, it's clear that the pundits declaring this race over have it all wrong. The voters in West Virginia spoke loud and clear -- they want this contest to go on.

I'm listening to the voters -- and to you.

With your help, I'm going to carry the energy of tonight's victory into the next contests in Kentucky and Oregon. And just as always, I'll be depending on you to share every step of this journey with me. You have worked your heart out, put yourself on the line for what you believe in, and given generously. And I'm not about to turn my back on you.

We've proved conventional wisdom wrong time and again in this race. We did it again tonight in West Virginia. Let's keep going.

Thank you,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Gotta go - I can't wait to find out exactly how badly Clinton is thumping Obama in WV.

No comments:

Post a Comment