Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Letter to Howard Dean: Count All the Votes!

One of my readers, Sara Mabry, has asked Katalusis to post a letter she faxed to Howard Dean, Chair of the Democratic Party, on behalf of disenfranchised Florida and Michigan Democrats. Below is Sara’s letter:

Chairman Howard Dean:

Since my posted request was so completely ignored, I am going to try again and possibly I will not be spammed with solicitations in its place. It is one thing to take the time to compose a message, but another when it is discarded, but worst of all when my information is used to channel your opinion.

Right now that opinion is very low in my eyes. When you are making or influencing the decision for so many to not count votes, and therefore turning loyal Democrats to independent selections because they will be ashamed to show dedication to this party, one that is not respecting them. If you remember what happened to the FL voters in 2002 and Ohio in 2004, we are sorely tired of those who claim to serve the people.

I have not forgotten and it is something that those in your position seem to forget, and I think you need to consider this. If you want Obama in the White House, remember you may need our votes, and I am speaking of those who passionately support Hillary Clinton. If you think all will honor the Democratic Party after what you decide and not count the votes of the two states in question, then you will lose loyalty over your arrogance.

Choose the rights of the people over the rule that will punish the people not those who made this decision, and it will happen. You, Chairman Dean, will be the one who will influence those who will divide the people. Who do you think will win then? The Republicans love this, and if you don't think you need our votes, then do the math!

I am requesting that you become aware of the pending consequences and that the Super Delegates who have recently filed complaints to the Democratic Party Rule's Committee be honored in their petition and complaint that has been presented or filed before this committee.

Sincerely Wavering Democrat,

S R Mabry, Registered Democrat and Educated

PS I am faxing, as I have learned not to send anything through email to your office.

No comments:

Post a Comment